Details of the Request
- In the year 2012-13, how many patient handovers from ambulance services to accident and emergency or other clinical departments at each hospital under your trust’s control took an hour or more?
- Please provide equivalent figures for handovers taking two hours or more, three hours or more and four hours or more, again broken down by each hospital
- Please also provide the longest A&E handover time in that year at each hospital
- In the year 2012-13, how many handover delays were investigated by the trust at each hospital?
- How many of the handover delays investigated were linked to unexpected or avoidable death as the patient outcome?
Details of the Response
The Trust holds the requested information, but considers it is exempt under section 12 of the Act, as the cost of compliance is estimated to exceed the appropriate limit.
The format of the SECAMB data differs from what has been requested and so would necessitate a manual search. Given the number of handover delays the Trust has had – approx 50 – 100 per month this would involve a huge amount of time – much more than the 18 hours available.