Details of the Request
Please complete all relevant sections with data for January to December 2013
- How many insertions of an Intra Uterine System releasing 20 microgram per day of levonorgestrel (LNG-IUS) have been completed by your Trust during this period? (Note this question does not relate to Copper Coil IUDs).
- If applicable, please specify how many LNG-IUS insertions were done by each hospital within your Trust.
- How many of the LNG-IUS insertions were prescribed/performed for contraception?
- How many of the LNG-IUS insertions were prescribed/performed to relieve heavy menstrual bleeding symptoms (possibly associated with other gynaecological conditions)?
- How many of the LNG-IUS insertions were prescribed/performed for any other reason?
- How many units of an Intra Uterine System releasing 20 microgram per day of levonorgestrel (LNG-IUS) did your Trust purchase during this period?
- How many of the LNG-IUS units purchased during this period were inserted by the Gynaecology department in the hospital?
- Of the number above, how many were inserted during out patient clinic appointments and how many during in-patients/day cases at the hospital?
- How many of the LNG-IUS units purchased were further distributed to affiliated contraception and sexual health clinics beyond the hospital itself?
- Does your Trust/Hospitals in your Trust provide out-patient clinics specifically for heavy menstrual bleeding?
- If yes, how many patients have been managed by the HMB clinic between January to December 2013?
Details of the Response
The Trust does not fit IUS coils and normally refers patients to Woking Community Hospital.
Please see attached spreadsheet.