Details of the Request
Would I kindly be able to request the following items of information from your hospital trust from August 2004 to August 2011:
- The number of full-time medical and surgical junior (below consultant level, including non-training grade) doctors at your hospital
- The median average hours full-time junior doctors were contracted for per week (calculated over 6 months)
- The maximum hours full-time junior doctors were contracted for per week (calculated over 6 months)
- The percentage of full-time junior doctor’s contracts that worked longer than an average of 48 hours per week (calculated over 6 months).
- Hospital Standardised Mortality Ratio
- The number of “Never” events (Department of Health Definitions 2011/2012)
- Thirty day death rate for patients undergoing elective procedures
- Number of non-palliatively coded deaths
- Raw number of deaths
Details of the Response
Please see attached response.
- All of this data uses the date of death recorded by the trust. This may not show some patients who have died elsewhere and we have not been informed.
- HSMR data available for 2009/10 and 2010/11 only.