Details of the Request
I am currently working on a project for the Environment Agency’s Chemical Compliance Team. For this project it would be useful to know the following information for individual hospitals in England:
- Date the hospital was built
- Date of any rebuilds or renovations
- Number of beds
I have been able to find this information for some individual hospitals, but much of the information I have found groups numbers together for each NHS Trust, whereas we require the information for each individual hospital.
If you could provide the above information for the following hospitals, it would be much appreciated:
- St Peter's Hospital
- Ashford Hospital
- Woking Community Hospital
- Weybridge Community Hospital
- Teddington Memorial Hospital
- Walton Community Hospital
Details of the Response
1. Date the hospital was built
The Trust holds this information, but considers it is exempt under section 21 of the Act, as it is reasonably accessible to you by other means. Please see the Trust website link:
2. Date of any rebuilds or renovations
Please see above web link “About our Trust” on the same page, specifically for each site which will give a history of major builds renovations.
- 2011 – new build: Chertsey House
- 2011/12 - demolish part of the old ramp to create a car park, additionally some deck car parking.
- More recently in 2013 a major refurbishment of Ashford outpatients was completed.
- 2014 – new build Abbey Wing Birthing Centre (Midwife Lead Unit)
3. Number of beds
The number of in-patient beds at 31 March 2014:
- Ashford Hospital - 81
- St Peter’s Hospital - 436