This policy forms a part of Ashford & St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (ASPH) people strategy to being a great place to work and be a patient, where we listen, empower and value everyone.
The policy sets out flexible, fair and supportive arrangements for flexible working. All employees can apply for flexible working for whatever reason.
The Trust is committed to be being an employer of choice, offering modern employment practices which support staff to balance their home and work life. As part of its commitment to improving the working lives of its staff, ASPH commits to facilitate flexible working for staff wherever this can be reasonably be accommodated in line with service needs.
We understand that flexible working benefits both the organisation and its staff in a range of ways.
- Allowing recruitment and retention of valuable skills and experience
- Promotion of equality of opportunity
- Improving staff morale and productivity
- Enabling employees to manage their work and outside commitments and/or interests
- Assisting and reducing anxiety and stress amongst the workforce
- Enabling the Trust to become an employer of choice
- Enabling sustainable and environmentally friendly services
The opportunity to find the right balance between home and work is often a critical factor for employees in deciding whether or not to move to a different organisation. Our staff tell us through the exit interview process and staff surveys that more flexible working options are needed, together with a culture that supports flexible working. Unsatisfactory employee work-life balance may have a number of negative consequences for the organisation and the individual including:
- Ill health
- Low morale
- Lack of commitment
- Poor quality work
- Absenteeism; and
- High staff turnover
The Trust recognises the need to address these negative factors by promoting a culture that supports flexible working where it can.
Trust Guide to Flexible Working
|Compiled by:||HR Business Partners and Advisors|
|Ratified by:||Trust Executive Committee|
|Date Ratified:||May 2019|
|Date Issued:||May 2019|
|Review Date:||May 2022|
|Target Audience:||All staff|
|Contact name:||HR Business Partners and Advisors|
- Adoption Leave and Surrogacy Policy
- Annual Leave Policy
- Buying and Selling Annual Leave Scheme
- Career Break Policy
- Flexible Working Policy
- Maternity Leave and Fertility Treatment Policy
- Shared Parental Leave Policy
- Special Leave Policy