The Trust acknowledges the need for effective parking and traffic control to ensure the smooth flow of vehicles throughout its sites and the Trust further recognises its responsibility to provide effective access to its sites for patients, visitors and staff. This policy reflects the need for effective on-site parking and traffic management. The Trust also expresses its commitment to meeting the obligations that are applicable in respect of the Equality Act (2010).
The policy will relate to clauses included in the Site-Wide Travel Plan and similar car parking policies approved by our partners on the St. Peter’s Healthcare Campus (SPHC) and follows clauses contained within the S106 agreement (a binding legal agreement associated with planning permission) approved by Surrey County Council and Ashford & St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, the policy reflects obligations upon the Trust including the commitment to reduce the volume of single occupancy car users to the campus. Clauses written into this policy shall, in part, reflect the future campus direction regarding car travel and, as a consequence, car parking.
- To reduce the need to travel by private car and encourage the use of alternative methods of transport.
- To promote changes in travel behaviour away from single occupancy car journeys.
- To minimise the adverse effects that motorised transport has on both the environment and health.
- To promote alternative forms of transport as a contribution to a healthy lifestyle.
- To promote the development of a sustainable transport system that enhances the environment and supports a sustainable economy.
- To continually review and improve the safety and security of all modes of transport to both Trust sites.
- To meet local planning requirements including the Trust’s obligations under the S106 agreement and any future travel plan requirements.
|Compiled by:||Estates and Facilities Department|
|Ratified by:||Trust Executive Committee|
|Date Ratified:||September 2019|
|Date Issued:||December 2019|
|Review Date:||September 2021|
|Target Audience:||All staff|
|Contact name:||Travel Plan office|