This document defines the E-mail Policy for Ashford & St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and
- Sets out the Trust’s policy for the protection of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the e-mail system
- Establishes the Trust and user responsibilities for the e-mail system
- Provides reference to documentation relevant to this policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the proper use of the Trust’s e-mail system and make users aware of what the Trust deems as acceptable and unacceptable use of its e-mail system.
The objective of this policy is to ensure the security of the Trust’s e-mail system. The Trust will:
- Ensure Availability - Ensure that the e-mail system is available for users.
- Preserve Integrity - Protect the e-mail system from unauthorised or accidental modification ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the Trust’s assets.
- Preserve Confidentiality - Protect assets against unauthorised disclosure.
|Compiled by:||Head of IT|
|Ratified by:||Information Governance Steering Group|
|Date Ratified:||July 2017|
|Date Issued:||November 2017|
|Review Date:||July 2020|
|Target Audience:||All staff|
|Contact name:||Head of IT|
- Disciplinary Policy
- Harassment and Bullying at Work Policy
- Photographing Patients: Guidance for Staff