This document sets out the framework for the operation of the Trust’s Bereavement Office.
This policy explains the role of the Bereavement Office which aims to provide a sensitive, efficient and timely service to the next of kin of patients who die at Ashford & St Peter’s Hospital NHS foundation Trust. The role of the Bereavement Office is also to educate and inform staff of the Bereavement Office function and how to achieve best practice and to promote the image of the Trust as caring for not only its patients, but also those with whom they share their lives.
|Compiled by:||Bereavement Officer|
|Date Ratified:||December 2021|
|Date Issued:||December 2021|
|Review Date:||December 2024|
|Target Audience:||Nursing and Bereavement Office Staff|
|Contact name:||Bereavement Officer|
- Last Offices Nursing Procedure
- Procedure for Handling Deaths at Ashford Hospital
- Mortuary Viewing
- Procedure for Dealing with the Affairs of a Patient Dying with No Known Next of Kin
- Guidance for Doctors on Post-Mortem Examinations
- Procedure for the Care of the Bereaved